40 Books to enjoy your Engineering

The forty books by the end-of-engineering will help you start your career with a boost.

On reflecting back over the previous day when we all intern were on the mission for categorization of books for the engineering students. I was really enjoying this responsibility. We were first reading the preface of the book and then categorizing them accordingly. When I was reading the preface I was amazed at the values and lessons which were reflected by these books. And with the help of Sir Prateek Narang CEO ColoredCow, we were able to categorize these books according to the engineering years.

And that day was so Motivating to start something new in life So I decided to have Book Reading
as a part of my life. I think reading is one of the healthiest habits which I can have in my life. I want to share the values and lessons which I will take and give back to society. So, why not after reading this blog you must also start with on this new journey with me and Let's create a new story from here.

So, I have been reading the Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time Book by Brian Tracy. This book talk about There just isn't enough time for everything on our to-do-list-and there never will be. Successful people don't try to do everything. They learn to focus on the most important tasks and make sure those get done. They eat their frogs.

So, I wanted to help you with the selection of books. And below picture summarize itself from left to right based on the list provided below the image. Here's the list according to the years or we can say complexity...

    Image source: ColoredCow

Books for 1st year:

  • The Professional -Subroto Bagchi
  • Eat that frog -  Brian Tracy
  • How to win friends and influence people  - Dale Carnegie
  • Fish -Stephen C. Lundin
  • Born to run - Christopher Mcdougall 
  • Tuesdays with Morrie-Mitch Albom
  • The one minute manager - Ken Blancher & Spencer Johnson
  • The C programming language - Dennis Ritchie
  • Our Iceberg is Melting - John Kotter
  • Jonathon Livingston seagull
  • The elements of style -William Strunk jr.

Books for 2nd year:

  • Confessions of public speaker - Scott Berkun
  • The checklist manifesto -Atul Gawande
  • Version control by example
  • Think and grow rich  - Napoleon Hill
  • Getting Things done - David Allen
  • ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever - Jason Fried
  • Don’t make me think - Steve Krug
  • Are Your Lights On - Donald C.Gause
  • Code Complete - Steve McConnell 
  • Who moved my cheese -Dr. Spencer johnson


Books for 3rd year:

  • The Passionate programmers - Chad fowler
  • The Pragmatic Programmer - Andrew & David
  • Flow - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
  • It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life - Lance Armstrong.
  • Badass Making Users Awesome - Kathy Sierra 
  • Give and Take -Adam Grant 
  • The Goal - Eliyahu M. Goldratt
  • The year without pants - Scott Berkun
  • Start With Why - Simon Sinek
  • Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management - Scott Berkun.


Books for 4th year:

  • Never Eat Alone - Keith Ferrazzi
  • The mythical man-month
  • Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software - Erich Gamma, John Vlissides, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson
  • The Toyota way
  • The lean startup - Eric Ries
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable - Seth Godin
  • Delivering Happiness -Tony Hsieh
  • The personal MBA
  • Tribal Leadership
  • Work rules - Laszlo bock


So, I and you can start with these books first and then for more books we can visit the awesome portal ColoredCow Book Portal .So Let's deep dive into it and add some values in our life. Stay tuned with me for the Book reviews and I will be sharing with you the values I get after reading these books...

Keep Reading Keep Learning Keep Improving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Meetings

ColoredCow Party Experience